Summer Term is almost here, and registration is open! During summer we change up both lessons and Little Notes classes:
Suzuki Violin Lessons
- Lessons are available Tuesday–Thursdays throughout July 11–Aug. 31.
- Sign up for lessons based on your summer schedule.
- 4-lesson minimum required of all violin students (but more is better).
- No group class during summer. Group class will resume in Fall Term.
Little Notes Music Classes
- Little Notes classes are available only on Wednesdays (9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.) and Thursdays (10:15 a.m.), July 12–Aug. 31.
- Saturday class will resume in Fall Term.
- Little Notes can be signed up for on a class-by-class basis based on what works for your schedule.
Payment for lessons and classes is due by July 10.
Complete your summer registration
Download your registration forms here:
ESMA Summer Violin Lessons Registration Form (PDF)
ESMA Summer Littles Notes Registration Form (PDF)
Are you interested in helping Jodie with Little Notes classes, or do you know someone who would be? ESMA is hiring a part-time assistant for our Little Notes classes.
The Eugene Suzuki Music Academy is a highly regarded music school that features baby and toddler music learning. Founded by Jodie St. Clair in 2009, ESMA has become a music education staple for Oregon’s Eugene/Springfield area. We offer classes centered around Suzuki Early Childhood Education (SECE) as well as Violin, Cello, and Guitar instruction.
Assist in the Little Notes class with instruments, greeting parents, guiding parents through class, singing, and leading. Teaching time will start with 2.5 hours on Wednesday morning and 1 hour on Thursday morning. There will also be occasional subbing opportunities and additional hours for recitals.
- Experience with Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Comfortable leading a class
- Comfortable singing in front of people
- No formal music training required
- Some knowledge of Suzuki philosophy preferred
Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and references to Eugene Suzuki Music Academy at email@example.com
Here’s a great song for these lovely May days, to our “falling thirds” melody that goes with “Rain, Rain, Go Away”:
Sunny day, sunny day
Let us play outside all day
See you at Little Notes!
Did you know that recitals are important for babies and toddlers too? Playing in recitals, or even just attending, helps infants and young children in many ways:
- Builds confidence, listening, and social skills
- Engages young children with music
- Shows that it’s okay to feel nervous
- Demonstrates that people’s efforts and hard work are appreciated
- Fosters friendships and builds community
Image: Stanley Zimmy https://flic.kr/p/hkDLhK
With October we are feeling autumnal in Little Notes, which inspired this xylophone song, to the tune of “Rain, Rain, Go Away:”
Falling leaves, falling leaves,
Red and yellow, orange and green
Welcome to Fall Term 2015!
Fall Term dates are Sept. 14–Dec. 19, and there is so much to tell you about…
Cello & Violin Lessons
Registration is open for violin lessons and cello lessons, and interested families can enroll anytime.
Lesson rates for this year are:
- 30 minute lesson: $315/term or $105/month
- 45 minute lesson: $453/term or $151/month
- 60 minute lesson: $591/term or $197/month
- 75 minute lesson: $729/term or $243/month
- 90 minute lesson: $867/term or $289/month
The date for the Fall Recital is being confirmed and will be announced soon. Group classes will be Friday afternoons, and we’ll update you shortly with group class times.
Little Notes also has some changes!
We now offer 4 classes. All classes are open for enrollment, and families can begin anytime:
- Wednesdays, 9:30–10:30 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10:15–11:15 a.m.
- Saturdays, 10:15–11:15 a.m.
Little Notes rates for this year are:
- $45 per month or
- $120 per term (save $15 when paying for the full term)
- Infants 6 months and younger are now FREE
There is also a Little Notes policy change: Missed classes will not be refunded. If you miss your usual Little Notes class, you are welcome to make it up at another scheduled class.
Register anytime for all ESMA programs:
September Library Storytimes
Jodie is a regular guest presenter for Library Storytimes at the Downtown Eugene Public Library, Sheldon Library, and Bethel Library. All Storytimes are free and open to the public. Visit the Library’s website for more information.
Jodie’s September 2015 Library Storytime appearances are below:
- Family Storytime, Sept. 18, 10:15—10:45 a.m. at Sheldon Branch Library (more details)
- Terrific Twos Storytime (10:15 & 11:00), Sept. 29, Downtown Library (more details)
One More Thing
Fall is a great time for new students to begin an instrument, and it’s never too early for families to begin their musical journey with children of any age. Please refer us to anyone you know who wants to begin music lessons or baby music classes for themselves or their families.