Attending live performances can be inspiring and motivational. Summer can also be a time of low motivation since lessons are not regular and we don’t have group class. Summer is also a great time to enjoy concerts, because they are often family friendly. Check out these great opportunities for your family:
Eugene Symphony in the Park. A community favorite, join the Eugene Symphony for a free evening concert on July 21 at Cuthbert Ampitheatre. Tickets available starting June 21. Be sure to get them right away. They go fast!
The Oregon Bach Festival holds many free events and youth concerts, such as:
- On the House: Young Chamber Players Thursday, July 12, 2012
- OBF Kids: Buzz and Crow Saturday, July 7, 2012
- OBF Kids: Peter and the Wolf Saturday, July 14, 2012
- “The first family of five siblings ever to all attend the Juilliard School,” The 5 Browns play Thursday, July 12
- Violinist Joshua Bell also plays Eugene, Friday, June 29
Of course, this is just a fraction of the musical events at this year’s OBF. See the Events page for more.
Concerts in the Parks. Parks in the Eugene/Springfield area offer free events and concerts throughout the summer. These are a great way for family and friends to take in an evening’s entertainment and spend time together. See the Eugene, Cascades & Oregon Coast Calendar of Events for concerts and more at a park near you.
Portland! Of course, many of us also spend time in Portland over the summer. Kid-friendly events happen all summer long, all over the city, such as:
- Portland Summer Free for All Concerts in the Park
- Portland Kids’ Weekend Events: June 15-17
Have a musical summer!