If you have any questions or concerns about the policy, please feel free to contact us.
Policies & Procedures
This policy is provided for you in order to have a clear understanding of what is expected from you and your child as well as what is expected from me as your teacher. By following these guidelines we will optimize class time and keep the learning enjoyable and productive. Thanks!
- Please arrive in advance of the scheduled class time to get ready for class. Class time will not be extended or delayed for those who are not ready to begin on time.
- A parent, grandparent or other adult must accompany children to all classes. Parent participation is an integral part of the Suzuki Method.
- Parents are encouraged to find child care for siblings during class. If this is not a possibility please provide quiet activities for the sibling to do during class.
- Parents (or other attending adult) must participate in class activities with their child.
- Please turn cell phones off or on vibrate during lessons. Calls may be taken outside only.
- Please take care of business at the end of the class and not at the beginning, such as anticipated absence, paying of bills, updating information, etc.
- Rooms and restrooms are available for diaper changes, feedings, etc.
Due to the nature of young children, “melt downs” or lack of participation is often part of class. If your child needs some time away from the circle, feel free to take some space outside or in one of the offices, and rejoin the class once you and your child are ready.
Parking spaces are available in the center parking lot behind the building. If parking is unavailable in this lot, additional parking is available at signed and metered streetside parking spaces.
Establishing regular listening to the recording reinforces what we learn in class and helps your child learn the songs. Enjoy singing the songs with your child. You can do so during bath time, diaper changes, going to bed, etc. Recommended listening times are at bedtime, while driving in the car, while eating breakfast, etc.
Students will come to lessons with clean hands and should be dressed in comfortable clothing for an active class.
Classes will be paid for in advance or at the lesson. Payment is due at the beginning of the term/month. Payments are due on between the 1st and 10th of the month. A late fee of $20 will be assessed for late payments outside of a 10-day grace period that ends at 5 p.m. on the tenth day of the same month.
Please stay home if you or your child exhibit any of the following symptoms. You should stay home until your or your child’s symptoms are totally gone for 24 hours (or, if appropriate, treated with antibiotic medication for 48 hours).
- Fever greater than 100.5ºF
- Sore or reddened throat with fever (e.g., strep throat)
- Rash (with or without fever)
- Unusual behavior change (such as unusually cranky, sleepy, or sluggish)
- Jaundice (yellow skin or eyes)
- Diarrhea (2 or more watery or loose stools in a 4-hour period), with or without fever
- Mouth sores with drooling (with or without fever)
- Skin sores that are “weeping” (fluid or pus-filled)
- Colored drainage from eyes or ears
- Brown, yellow, or green drainage from nose with fever
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Serious, sustained cough
- Abdominal pain that continues for 2 or more hours
- Chills or profuse sweating
- Live lice or nits
- Any contagious illness (e.g., measles, mumps, pertussis, chickenpox, scabies, impetigo)
- Hand, foot, and mouth disease
- Stiff neck or headache with one or more of the above symptoms
- Too tired or too sick to participate in daily activities
This policy is designed to help keep us all healthy. Thank you for your help with this goal!
Cancellations and Make-up Policy
- If you are not able to attend class, please give as much advanced notice of the missed lesson as possible. Please feel free to notify me by phone or email.
- If you give advance notice, we can arrange for you to make up the missed class at another regularly scheduled Little Notes class.
- Missed classes will not be refunded.
- If you miss two classes without notice or discussion with ESMA teachers, we will have to pass your spot to another family.
- If our time together is considered valuable, attendance and working out schedules will not be a problem.