2020–2021 Lessons & Classes
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update Mar. 29, 2021
Due to the ongoing pandemic, dates are subject to change, and ESMA is following public health guidelines and orders. Where necessary ESMA will cancel or reschedule, or may offer virtual/online events, lessons, classes, etc.
Lessons and Group Classes may be offered online or in person until further notice and are subject to change.
Spring Term: Mar. 28–June 12, 2021
Suzuki Violin Lessons and Classes
Weekly private lessons available. Register here
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, in-person group classes may be held either outside, inside, or via Zoom, depending on weather or other conditions. We’ll be reaching out to families with options for online group classes and other online group events.
Talk with your teacher about which Group Class you’ll be in this year:
- Friday afternoons, Apr. 2–June 5
- Half Notes (Early Book 1): 3:45–4:15 p.m.
- Whole Notes (Late Book 1 and Book 2): 4:30–5 p.m.
- Performance Group (every other week) 5:15–6 p.m.
Little Notes schedule
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, in-person Little Notes classes are currently unavailable. Please register for updates on when we may resume Little Notes.
2020–2021 Term Dates
- Fall Term 2020, Sept. 14-Dec. 18, 2020
- Winter Term 2021, Jan. 4–Mar. 19, 2021
- Spring Term 2021, Mar. 28–June 12, 2021
- Summer Term 2021, TBA
No lessons or classes during these dates:
- Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 23–27, 2020
- Winter Break, Dec. 21, 2020–Jan. 3, 2021
- Spring Break, Mar. 22–26, 2021
Parent Practice Help
Join us at Friendly Street Church, 2290 Friendly St, Eugene. On select special Group Class dates, Parent Practice Help is held while the kids have an all-students Play-in Group Class from 4:30–5:30. Parents will meet in a separate room for practice help and other discussion.
- Fall Term: TBD
- Winter Term: TBD
- Spring Term: TBD
Each term ESMA families gather to share our hard work. Little Notes families may participate in the 11 a.m. session, and are welcome to be part of the audience for either session. Violin students may participate in either session.
Students should play in at least 2 recitals per school year. Please review dates and times, and talk with your teacher about which 2 recitals you would like to participate in.
- Fall, Sat., Nov. 7, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Winter, Sat., Mar. 13, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Spring, Sat., May 8, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Free parking in the church’s parking lot. Enter through the double doors at the top of the outside stairs.
* During the pandemic, recitals will be held online until further notice.
Summer Term 2021
Term Dates: TBD
Summer Violin Lessons & Classes
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required to remain enrolled
- Please check with your teacher for a summer registration form and available dates
- Group classes are on break for summer and resume Fall Term