2019–2020 Lessons & Classes
Fall Term: Sept. 7-Dec. 20 2019
Suzuki Violin Lessons and Classes
Weekly private lessons available. Register here
Talk with your teacher about which Group Class you’ll be in this year:
- Friday afternoons, Sept. 13–Dec. 13
- No Group Class, Nov. 29
- Quarter Notes (Pre-Twinkle Beginners): 3:45–4:15 p.m.
- Half Notes (Early Book 1): 4:15–4:45 p.m.
- Whole Notes (Late Book 1 and Book 2): 4:45–5:30 p.m.
- Performance Group (once a month on the 3rd Friday) 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Performance Group Dates (3rd Friday of the month): Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 6
Little Notes Fall Term schedule
- Tuesdays, 9:30–10:30 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 9:30–10:30 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (currently enrolling; we will announce when this class begins meeting)
- Saturdays, 10:30–11:30 a.m.
2019–2020 Term Dates
- Fall Term 2018, Sept. 7-Dec. 20, 2019
- Winter Term 2019, TBA
- Spring Term 2019, TBA
- Summer Term 2019, TBA
No lessons or classes during these dates:
- Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 25–30, 2019
- Winter Break, Dec. 21, 2019–Jan. 3, 2020
Parent Practice Help
Join us at Friendly Street Church, 2290 Friendly St, Eugene. On select special Group Class dates, Parent Practice Help is held while the kids have an all-students Play-in Group Class from 4:30–5:30. Parents will meet in a separate room for practice help and other discussion.
- Fall Term: Oct. 4, 2019
- Winter Term: Jan. 24, 2020
- Spring Term: Apr. 24, 2020
- Holiday Market: Dec. 7, 11:30 a.m. (45 minutes). We will be performing on the main stage!
- All Violin Students: The Springs at Greer Gardens (senior living), June 6, time TBD
Each term ESMA families gather to share our hard work. Little Notes families may participate in the 11 a.m. session, and are welcome to be part of the audience for either session. Violin students may participate in either session.
Students should play in at least 2 recitals per school year. Please review dates and times, and talk with your teacher about which 2 recitals you would like to participate in.
- Fall, Sat., Oct. 26, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Winter, Sat., Feb. 29, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Spring. Sat., May 9, 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Recital LocationFriendly Street Church,
2290 Friendly St, Eugene, OR 97405
Free parking in the church’s parking lot. Enter through the double doors at the top of the outside stairs.
Summer Term 2020
Term Dates: TBD
Summer Picnic & Play-In TBD
Bring your violin and a potluck dish! We’ll meet at a local park for music and play.
Sizzlin Fiddlin Fiddle Workshop, TBD
Our special one-day fiddle camp will touch on fiddle traditions from around the world! $10 per student. Sign up with summer registration, or talk to your teacher. All ages and levels welcome!
Summer Violin Lessons & Classes
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required to remain enrolled
- Please check with your teacher for a summer registration form and available dates
- Group classes are on break for summer and resume Fall Term
Little Notes 0–3 Music Classes
- Wednesdays, 9:30 a.m.
- Saturdays, 11 a.m.
- During Summer Term, you can attend any class on any day of the week class is offered.
- Other days/times resume Fall Term