2021–2022 Lessons & Classes
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update Sept. 3, 2021
Due to the ongoing pandemic, dates are subject to change, and ESMA is following public health guidelines and orders. Where necessary ESMA will cancel or reschedule, or may offer virtual/online events, lessons, classes, etc.
Lessons and Group Classes may be offered online or in person until further notice and are subject to change.
Fall Term: Sept. 12–Dec. 17, 2021
Suzuki Violin Lessons and Classes
Weekly private lessons available. Register here
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, in-person group classes may be held either outside, inside, or via Zoom, depending on weather or other conditions. We’ll be reaching out to families with options for online group classes and other online group events.
Talk with your teacher about which Group Class you’ll be in this year:
- Friday afternoons, Sept. 17–Dec. 17
- Gooseberries (Pre-Twinkle through Book 1 Happy Farmer): 3:45–4:20 p.m.
- Huckleberries (Book 1 Gossec Gavotte through Book 3): 4:30–5:10 p.m.
- Violin Ensemble (formerly Performance Group), every other week: 5:25–6:15 p.m. Violin Ensemble meets Sept. 24, Oct. 8, Oct. 22, Nov. 5, Nov. 19, and Dec. 10
2021–2022 Term Dates
- Fall Term 2021, Sept. 12-Dec. 17, 2021
- Winter Term 2022, TBA
- Spring Term 2022, TBA
- Summer Term 2022, TBA
December Holiday Gathering
- Fri., Dec. 17
- 4:30–6 p.m.
- At Friendly Street Church
- Violin play-in and holiday fun!
No lessons or classes during these dates:
- Thanksgiving Break, Nov. 21–27, 2021
- Winter Break, Dec. 19, 2021–Jan. 2, 2022
- Spring Break, TBA
Each term ESMA families gather to share our hard work. Little Notes families may participate in the 11 a.m. session, and are welcome to be part of the audience for either session. Violin students may participate in either session.
Students should play in at least 2 recitals per school year. Please review dates and times, and talk with your teacher about which 2 recitals you would like to participate in.
- Fall, Oct. 30, 1–4 p.m. Expect some Hallowe’en fun!
- Winter, TBA
- Spring, TBA
Free parking in the church’s parking lot. Enter through the double doors at the top of the outside stairs.
* During the pandemic, recitals will be held online until further notice.
Little Notes currently unavailable
In-person Little Notes classes are currently unavailable. Please register for updates on when we may resume Little Notes.
Summer Term 2022
Term Dates: TBD
Summer Violin Lessons & Classes
- A minimum of 5 lessons is required to remain enrolled
- Please check with your teacher for a summer registration form and available dates
- Group classes are on break for summer and resume Fall Term